Hi Jan, thank you for your e-mail. I am sure you can imagine that Karren is extremely busy right now in preparation for the election on June 12th
. Due to time constraints we can offer your members the following highlights from the Green Party of Ontario platform:
- Raise the Employer Healthcare Tax exemption from $450,000 to $900,000 for businesses with payrolls of less than $5 million;
- Implement dedicated revenue tools to raise $3 billion a year to build and operate the transit we need in Ontario;
- Put $4 billion over four years into home energy retrofit credits;
- Save $1.2 to $1.6 billion a year by moving to one public system with French and English public school boards;
- Double the child tax benefit for half a million children living in families near the poverty line;
- Endow a Social Innovation Fund to support social and economic innovation by young adults;
- Permanently protect Ontario’s class 1 farmland and source water regions;
- Increase royalties and levies for mining, aggregates and water-taking;
- Close loopholes in legislation that threaten your community and our natural heritage from harmful activities.
Each of our demands is costed, and we know where the money is coming from. For more information please visit www.gpo.ca
Karren looks forward to having the opportunity to engage your members after the election.
For Karren Wallace
Green Party of Ontario