Equality means equality for everyone.
IT’S NOT ALL BAD.
I admit I have laid it on pretty heavy, but last year I have heard probable the most balanced discussion on feminism since the sixties. The CBC show was “the current”; it had Women feminists and a young Woman who wasn’t a feminist. You allowed the non feminist plenty of time to make her logical arguments against the other Women in the old girls club, who regurgitated the same old victim stuff like they always do. Unfortunately I haven’t seen this honest discussion as trend yet.
SUGGESTION FOR FUTURE MATERIAL
Many Boys and Men are in crisis in this country, especially young Men, and a complaint letter is simply a whine or a rant unless it has some suggestions for change well here are mine.
1) Encourage Boys to embrace higher education, without shaming them, as you know Girls have surpassed Boys since 1989.
2) Encourage males of all ages to have self respect, not just through sports.
3) Tell Boys and young Men that there are not enough Girls and young Women to go around, which puts them at a disadvantage in the dating game.
4) Tell males that they are emotionally disadvantaged compared to females. This fact combined with item 3 makes them very venerable in heterosexual relationships, if they don’t have courage and self respect to do the right thing.
5) Remind males that they don’t have the protection of: Minister for the status of Women, National action committee on the status of Women, Elizabeth Fry society, domestic abuse shelters, rape crisis centers, crisis telephone lines etc.
6) Encourage males to see a doctor at least once per year, and tell them about gender discrimination like having to pay for prostate tests, (although I think OHIP will pay if you request it from the Doctor).
7) When you talk about gender statistics don’t just broadcast the one that make females the victims. Report areas where males are the majority of victims as well, such as (but not limited to): Homelessness, suicides, industrial accidents, overall violence and of course domestic violence.
8) Air news clips and programs of Men that have been abused by Women, once in a while.
9) Some occupations require super intelligence, which most of us don’t have. Males outnumber Females by eighty to one for an IQ over 170, so just because most of those positions are held by Men is probably natural selection not discrimination against Women. How about making a story out of that?
10) In comedy if one group is always the subject of ridicule then it is not funny. An example of this is Dave & Morley on the CBC’s Vinyl cafe, to make this funny poke fun at Morley for once.
I am not proposing you make Males helpless victims like you have done with Females, doing so make an individual addicted to pity, and unable to grow.
As the national broadcaster CBC has a responsibility to tell both sides of the story wherever possible, I think I have demonstrated that you have been deficient in that task. I am not going to suggest you are deliberately lying, however only telling half of the truth or exaggerating one side leaves the listener with a distorted conclusion. I can tell you through my life experience arguments and conflict is a good thing when expressed in a safe and respectful environment. Hearing criticism of oneself is never present, but is necessary, if CBC gives in to special interest who feel uncomfortable about an issue, then all residents in Canada suffers. Change is inevitable and constant, our present feminist bias in society will be replaced with something else, which will have new challenges, and I hope I live long enough to see it.
I have put a lot of time into trying to make my views known to you, and hopefully backed up my claims with facts. Please try to focus on your mission and if you wish to criticize or counter my claims respectfully I am prepaid to listen.